1. WHEN WILL I FIND OUT IF MY FILM IS SELECTED ?
We will announce the selections by 20 January 2021. Please make sure that the email address and telephone you provide will be operational at that time.
2. HOW WILL I FIND OUT IF MY FILM IS SELECTED FOR SCREENING ?
We will announce it on our website, www.khamrubu.com. We will also contact you via email, Please make sure that the email address you provided on your application will be operational at that time. If your email address changes after you’ve filled out the application, please update us with an email. We will not be held responsible for any failed delivery of notification !
3. IF MY FILM IS NOT CHOSEN, MAY I SPEAK WITH A PROGRAMMER FOR NOTES OR FEEDBACK ?
Unfortunately, NO. With numerous films to go through, we don’t have enough time to speak or correspond with you individually about your film. Please forgive us.
4. HOW MUCH LOCAL CONTENT IS SHOWCASED IN THE FESTIVAL ?
We receive Indian film submissions from across India. How many local shorts and feature films showcased depends primarily on the quality and quantity of eligible films received and the available screening slots.
5. HOW LONG HAS THE FESTIVAL BEEN AROUND ?
The year 2021 will be the 1st year to celebrate and host the festival in Assam, India.
6. WHEN IS THE FESTIVAL & HOW CAN I WATCH ?
The 2-day event will be announced very soon, as we are not getting dates confirmation from the government due to Covid19. Each film or program will have the first screening at a scheduled time, so you need to be present at the venue at the time of screening. Due to COVID19 situation, the venue or the date and the method of screening the program might change as per the directions issued by Government of Assam and Government of India.
7. DO I HAVE TO PAY TO WATCH ?
All the films and programs are made available for free at the venue.
8. WILL TECH SUPPORT BE AVAILABLE ?
Yes. We will offer tech support by phone from 09 AM – 05 PM leading up to the Festival and from 08 AM – 11 PM during the Festival at +91 9004811814
9. THE FILMS TO BE SCREENED, WILL HAVE THE ENGLISH SUBTITLE ?
Yes, all the films to be screened will have English Subtitles.
10. DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES DURING THE FESTIVAL ?
Yes, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +91-9004811814 to discuss the advertising and promotion opportunities currently available. Our program, on-screen and venue packages are available to fit most budgets.
11. DO YOU OFFER WAIVERS FOR SUBMISSION FEES ?
We offer FREE submission fee waivers only for a limited time for the films that are based on children, viewable to all children age group.
12. MY FILM PREMIERED AT A FESTIVAL SCREENING. IS IT ELIGIBLE FOR YOUR FESTIVAL ?
We will accept submissions that have already premiered in any film festival but your film’s premiere status will be taken into consideration when final programming decisions are made.
13. WHY DO YOU CHARGE A SUBMISSION FEE ? THERE ARE PLENTY OF FREE FESTIVALS AROUND.
We have FREE submission only for the short films on the topic of Children, viewable to children of all age group. There are a couple of reasons that motivate the inclusion of the submission fee. Free submissions generated a large number of spam submissions and/or submissions that did not fit the criteria mentioned in the call. It is hoped that requiring a submission fee would encourage filmmakers to make sure the films they submit match the required criteria. The second reason for requiring the submission fee is for a source to fund the artist/exhibition fee we pay to the filmmakers whose films are selected to screen at the festival.
14. ARE SUBMISSIONS ACCEPTED EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH FILMFREEWAY OR CAN WE SEND IN WORK DIRECTLY ELECTRONICALLY OR BY MAIL ?
15. WHICH FORMAT SHOULD THE FILM SUBMITTED BE IN ?
16. CAN I SEND A DVD INSTEAD OF UPLOADING IT ONLINE ?
No. We only accept digital copies of your film sent via Vimeo, Youtube, and other video streaming or downloadable sites. The file size must be less than 5GB. Once your upload is complete, you MUST view the uploaded file in its entirety to ensure that everything is in order.
17. WHAT IS NON COMPETITION SECTION ?
The jury goes through all the films submitted and selects the best of them for the competition section. The next best films will be selected for screening in the non-competition section.
18. HOW DO YOU DISTINGUISH SHORT FILMS FROM FEATURE FILMS ?
Films with running times of 30 minutes, including open and end credits are classified as Shorts. Films that are longer than 30 minutes are classified as Features. We DO NOT accept feature films. You should select your submission category based on what the final projected running time of the film will be.
19. HOW DO YOU DETERMINE IF A FILM IS CONSIDERED INDIAN OR INTERNATIONAL ?
In almost all cases, this is determined by the primary source of the film’s funding. If 50% or more of the film’s financing came from sources within the INDIA it qualifies as an INDIAN Film. If more than 50% of the film’s financing came from international sources, it qualifies as an International Film. Please select your submission category based on the primary source of financing, but we do reserve the right to make a final judgment call based on a number of other factors, such as the primary shooting location, language(s) spoken in the film, and the nationalities of key members of a film’s cast and crew.
20. MY FILM INCLUDES NON-ENGLISH DIALOGUE, DO YOU REQUIRE ENGLISH SUBTITLES ?
Yes. English subtitle is a must for all the entries.
21. WHAT SHOULD I INCLUDE WITH MY SUBMISSION ?
After you have completed the online application, you will also give us a link to the uploaded film (part of the application form). At a later stage we will ask you for the promotional stuffs.
22. MY FILM WAS NOT ACCEPTED LAST YEAR, CAN I RESUBMIT ?
23. WILL YOU NOTIFY ME IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE MY FILM ?
We make sure that all the applicants gets a notification official mail as a reciept, that we received your film. If you do not receive our official mail within 1 week of your film submission than it is your responsibility to make sure that your film has reached us.
24. WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO GET MY MOVIE TO PLAY ?
We will make every effort to play your movie, but in the event that we are unable to view your film, we will attempt to contact you to request another link/copy using the primary contact information that you provided on your application. However, there is no guarantee that we will get your replacement link/disc in time, and we must give preference to those who sent in a working link, to begin with. For this reason, we ask that you make absolutely sure that your link plays all the way through BEFORE you submit it to us!
25. IF MY FILM HAS AIRED ON TELEVISION / INTERNET CHANNEL. MAY I STILL SUBMIT IT ?
If your film is short (30 minutes or less in length), it is still eligible even though it has been broadcast on television. However, once if it gets selected for the festival, the movie has to be removed from online channels, till the time festival gets over.
26. CAN I SEND A NEWER CUT OF MY FILM AFTER I HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED AN EARLIER VERSION ?
Sending in replacement cuts after you have already submitted a prior version of the film can cause a great deal of confusion throughout the screening process and it is also not fair to those who sent in a cut prior to their selected submission deadline. We reserve the right to disqualify, without refund of any or all submission fees, any applicant who attempts to avoid submission fees by sending in a replacement cut of their film after their selected deadline has passed. WE WILL ONLY VIEW THE FIRST CUT OF YOUR FILM THAT WE RECEIVE !
27. CAN I SUBMIT MY FILM AS A ROUGH CUT ?
No, we require a final cut version of your film.
28. AM I REQUIRED TO OBTAIN RIGHTS CLEARANCE FOR MUSIC OR OTHER COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL INCLUDED IN MY FILM ?
From a legal standpoint, you must clear all copyrighted material included in your film before you can publicly screen it. However, KHAMRUBU does not check to ensure that you have obtained clearance for these materials at any point during the application process, nor will we be held responsible for any inclusion of uncleared materials in your film. It is the sole responsibility of the entity submitting the project to secure permission from the copyright holder of the material in question, whether it is music, stock footage, or any other elements that could violate an existing copyright. Films that are accepted into the Festival must sign a waiver stating that materials used in the film do not violate any existing copyright. Quite often, rights holders offer reduced rates for festival films, so you should contact them directly to avoid any possible rights infringements.
29. DO I NEED TO MEET A MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT IN ORDER TO SUBMIT A FILM ?
30. HOW MANY FILMS MAY I SUBMIT ?
You may submit as many films as you’d like. We do not offer reduced rates in fees for multiple submissions. If you submit five films, you must pay the submission fees for all five of them. Please do not submit multiple projects on the same LINK. If we receive a submission with multiple films on one link, we will only consider the first film included.
31. WHAT IF MY CONTACT INFORMATION OR ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT MY SUBMISSION, CHANGES AFTER I HAVE FILLED OUT THE APPLICATION ?
You can mail us on email@example.com to keep us updated. We will use the public contact information from your application to contact you regarding problems with your submission and to notify you of your acceptance status, so please ensure that this information is always kept up-to-date.
32. IS THERE A SCREENPLAY COMPETITION AT THE FESTIVAL ?
We do NOT currently have a screenplay competition.
33. YOU DO NOT ACTUALLY WATCH ALL THESE SUBMISSIONS, RIGHT ?
All the films are watched by the festival jury. We depend on new talent and new filmmakers to uphold our mission as a Festival of discovery. If we didn’t watch the films submitted to us, we would miss out on so many new works of independent film. If your film is received in time, your account is paid in full, and there are no playability issues with your online link, your film will be treated exactly the same as all other films submitted to us for consideration.